Inquiring Minds Podcast

Each week, hosts neuroscientist Indre Viskontas & all around science educator Kishore Hari,of the Inquiring Minds Podcast, a part of Mother Jones Podcast network, cover all things science to extraordinary effect. Being an avid follower of the podcast for many years, I decided to make a collection of my favorite mental health related episodes-which can be found below. Each week they bring in engaging experts to break down the basics as well as the most sophisticated and cutting edge research. Be sure to check out their website below to find their most recent episode, “Mapping Human-Brains” as well as a great TED talk given by Indre on two of her favorite subjects music and brains.

“Each week Inquiring Minds brings you a new, in-depth exploration of the place where science, politics, and society collide. We’re committed to the idea that making an effort to understand the world around you though science and critical thinking can benefit everyone—and lead to better decisions. We endeavor to find out what’s true, what’s left to discover, and why it all matters with weekly coverage of the latest headlines and probing discussions with leading scientists and thinkers. Produced by Adam Isaak in partnership with Climate Desk, a journalistic collaboration dedicated to exploring the impact of a changing climate and consisting of The Atlantic, Center for Investigative Reporting, Grist, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, Mother Jones, Slate, and Wired.”-iTunes Bio

Visit their website here:
https://art19.com/shows/inquiring-minds

How music makes me a better neuroscientist

3 Likes

Great tip, thanks Sam! Found these really interesting and informative.